Sunday, July 13, 2008

I was only a baby but I still love them

Friday night I went to the Journey, Heart, and Cheap Trick concert with Keri and Shelli. When I told people that I was going to this concert that would say, "You were just a baby when they were popular" or "You weren't even born when they became a band." Both of those statements are true but that does not mean I am not still a fan of their music. I have loved Journey since I was born. My mom said I have always been a fan of them (and music of all kinds) since I was little. She would dance with me in front of the TV while we watched and listened to MTV. Journey has always been one of her favorites, in turn, one of mine. I learned to love Heart because of my big sis. Although she is young, she taught me to love the "oldies", if you can consider them to be oldies.

None the less, the concert was amazing (even if Steve Perry isn't the singer anymore. The new guy sounded just like him.) We were crazy fans yelling, screaming, and hollering their songs as loud as we could. We danced to every song that was played. It was a blast! And we weren't the only youngin's there. There were plenty of people our age that came to enjoy the music.

Going to this concert made me realize how much I really love the 'older' music. I can always turn my radio to 103.5 and hear a song that I love and sing all the words and just jam out! I love listening to live music, and I am so excited for the many concerts that I will be going to later this summer.
Pics and stories from the concert:




We got one of our churros for free because we didn't know how to add and didn't have enough money for all of the food we ordered and so the nice worker gave us one of them for free. We felt like idiots, but I sure enjoyed my churro.
We were really far away, but still had a great time.
This lady was a true Heart fan. She had on a heart t-shirt from their tour in 1984. She also was very serious about the concert and saving her spot. We had laid our blankets around her and she made sure we knew that where she was standing, and the surrounding 4 feet around her, was her spot. When it came closer to the concert starting and more and more people were crowding around her, she noticed we had an extra blanket and asked to borrow it to save her spot. We let her borrow the blanket thinking she would sit on it like the rest of the crowd. Instead, she plops her big ol' boots right in the middle of the blanket and stands there! I looked at her with surprise because she was standing on my new blanket! Who does that?! All of her work went to waste because by the time she got a hold of her friends, they had saved a better spot and she left.
The new Journey singer. He was really good.

No comments: