Friday, July 25, 2008

Doggie Friday: How They Love Grandma Sue

Abbi and Briggs adore my mom. There are times when I think they can tell when we are driving to her house by the landscape because as soon as we are in her neighborhood they get excited and anxious to get out of the car. When they see her they are all a flutter…Briggs jumps up so high letting her know he wants her to hold him, and Abbi turns herself around making it know to her that she wants to be held too.

My mom adores Abbi and Briggs. If she doesn’t see them often enough she says “she goes through withdrawals.” She calls them her grand-dogs (and for you non-dog lovers you will think she is a weird-o, but us dog people understand the automatic attachment). She even went as far as to buy them ‘special’ doggie treats that are organic and all natural because she knew I would approve. She gives them far too many of them if you ask me…and they are full of fiber which is just wonderful! Her reason for giving them so many is because “they just look so hungry when they come to my house,” like I don’t feed them or something. Could it be that her house always smells like delicious food?!

Besides the fact that she feeds them too much, she is a wonderful Grandma to them. They can feel how much she loves them and they miss her when we leave.

No comments: