Friday, July 11, 2008

Is there anything better?!

Guess what today is?! FREE SLURPEE DAY! That's right. My nephew called me at work to share the news! So me and co-worker took off down the road to 7-Eleven to partake of the free slushy goodness. Of course when my other co-workers heard it was free Slurpee day and we were going they wanted us to get them one. Being the nice person that I am I said sure, not thinking that we wouldn't be able to. When we got to 7-Eleven the worker told me that it was one per person. Lucky for my co-workers I think quick on my feet so I explained to the worker that it was for the doctors that I worked for that couldn't leave the clinic. She was more than willing to let me fill up more than one. Gees, it seemed like she would let me have the rest of the cups in the pile. What a nice worker! And it wasn't entirely a lie...some of our doctors wanted a free Slurpee too. One of our newer docs, Dr. VanStaden (who is from Europe) couldn't believe that they were free. He kept asking me if he owed me money. Thinking back I should have just taken the money, made a little profit on the freebies. We all kept wondering why they were free, then I saw the ounces on the cup which was 7.11 and then realized that today's date is 7-11! It took me a bit but when I cracked the code I shared the info with some others who were just as astonished as me. Looks like I'm not the only one that isn't quick with common sense. Either way, best three words I've heard today "Free Slurpee Day!" So thanks, Skyler. That free cherry Slurpee made my day!

4 comments:

Georgi Family said...

pshhh, yeah, we got there and they were all out of the "free cups". I ended up buying one anyways though. Who can resist a slurpee.

Bing Math said...

Do they do that every year?

... said...

Yes every 7-11. I had no idea!f

Lindsey Rose said...

I love that picture of you! You look darling. So sad I missed the free slurpee, we don't even have slurpees here, we have icee and they are not nearly as good!