Friday, June 13, 2008

Doggie Friday: The Best of Friends

Since our new additions, there has not been a whole lot going on in our lives. They are our lives! Well, really they are my life because Gordon’s life right now is summer school, which is a whole other post! So I decided that since all of you are so in love with them (and how could you not be) I would post about them every Friday so that my blog does not turn into the dogs’ blog because I'm sure I could post about them every day. I must give props to this idea to Annie, Gordon’s cousin. She created Baby Friday where she does basically the same thing, but her post is about her son. I hope she’s not offended that I’m using her idea for my dogs.


A lot has happened in the lives of Briggs and Abbi since last Thursday. They had their first play date last Saturday. My friend Amanda brought her dog Rosco to meet Abbi and Briggs. At first it was rough. Abbi has a hard time with other dogs because a bigger dog a couple of years ago bit her. But as the date went on they calmed down and seemed to get along. We ran into a duck at the park. They were so curious...they wanted to play with it but the duck was too scared.








They also went to the vet yesterday. I think that was harder on me than it was on them. It's amazing how much I care for them. I have only had them since last Thursday, but already they are part of my family. When they had to get some blood drawn, they took them out of the room. I think they did that more for me than for them. When they got their shots, I couldn't look. I'm not going to lie, I teared up a bit when I heard Abbi wimper. The vet experience, as tramatic as it was, turned out fine. They are in excellent health, and now, thanks to me, they are up to date on all immunizations. I feel like such a great parent. The vet and the workers at the animal hospital were all so impressed with Abbi and Briggs. They kept complimenting me on how well mannered, sweet, and beautiful they are. I felt like a proud mother.


It's so fun to watch the two of them interact with each other. Briggs is such a sweet big brother. When we were finishing up at the vet, Briggs reached over to Abbi and "kissed" her on her nose. It was like he was telling her that everything was ok. It warmed my heart. It's so fun to watch them play together. I captured a few playful moments on camera. Take a look...







Abbi is one tough cookie. She reminds me a lot of myself. As little as we are, we sure are spit fires.

1 comment:

Kim Felt said...

Oh jess, you are sooo funny. If you are this obsessed with the dogs, I can't wait to see you with your own kids! They are very adorable though. :)