Sunday, December 7, 2008

You Never Know Who's Listening

Jodi, Lindsey, and I talk about a lot of different things while we're at the gym. Yesterday was no exception. In between Jodi becoming our personal trainer and us complaining, we got on the topic of tithing blessings. Lindsey had told us that she received a bit more money from a scholarship she was receiving to help pay for her next semester of school. Jodi made the comment "oh you must be paying your tithing." From there we each told a short story about our own tithing blessings.

Today in Relief Society we had a sister visiting our ward. We were talking about gratitude and the teacher asked if anyone would like to share an experience that related to whatever she was tallking about at the time. This sister shared an experience she had yesterday at the gym. She said she was working out by three girls when she heard one girl say "oh you must be paying your tithing." That must have sparked an interest because she continued to say she heard them each share a tithing story.


When I heard her say "three girls" I turned around and recognized her from the gym yesterday. She was the same girl who had asked Lindsey if she was using a floor mat and then laid down next to us to work out. My face was completely red as I realized her story was about us. I never thought I would be apart of someone's 'church' story.

I'm grateful that we were talking about something actually worthwhile instead of the normal meaningless nonsense we usually talk about. It made me realize that every little thing you do and say make a difference. I am an example to someone whether I know it or not. I need to make sure I do and say things that are appropriate. I would hate to be apart of someone else's 'church' story that isn't positive.

I am also grateful that I surround myself with such wonderful people that are examples to me.

6 comments:

Kyle, Jess, and Max said...

I wondered if that was about you! I never would doubt to hear something other than positive about you Jessica! You are awesome! Give your grandma my love! Love ya!

Michelle said...

That's awesome! And funny at the same time because when she said that in Relief Society I wondered if you were one of those 3 girls because I know you work out at the gym a lot. It's true, you never know who's listening. What a good example you are :)!

Jodi said...

Oh Jess, that is too funny...good thing we weren't talking about my blog about the gym at that moment.

LeeAnn said...

what a great story.

Janean said...

thats too funny.

Lindsey Rose said...

That is a great story. You are a great example of always tring to do what is right. WTG!