Monday, December 1, 2008

Let the Holidays Begin!




I am so excited for our first Christmas in our house! I think we both are. Gordon put our outdoor Christmas lights up on Saturday. Because our house isn’t very big it didn’t take him much time at all. He did a wonderful job too. They look great (he must take after his Dad because their house looks awesome). The ‘horrible’ weather made the experience much easier for him too (Gordon thinks the weather we are having is horrible…I sort of do too-I’m ready for snow).
I thought since Gordon was decorating the outside of the home I would work on the inside. I had him get out our Christmas decorations only to be disappointed. We only have 4 Christmas decorations and one of them was already out! I forgot that I didn’t care to decorate the apartment. I’ll just have to wait until after Christmas to begin accumulating Christmas décor since I refuse to pay full price for anything.
We have also decided, mostly because we don’t have room, that we will not have a full size Christmas tree in our house. We will use our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I like that better. Gordon couldn’t believe that I was ok with just having that tree. I actually really like our Charlie Brown tree. It’s mini style which is perfect for our mini size living room. I am thinking about putting up a tree downstairs so we have somewhere to open our gifts up on Christmas but I’m still pondering the idea.
I love Christmas time. I love to see all the homes with lights up. I especially love to see the homes that have a “freakin’ amusement park” in their front yard (Kim, Gordon’s dad, said that to us last night and I thought that was a perfect description of the overly decorated homes). We were down in Salt Lake this weekend for a Jazz game and I couldn’t help but notice all the lovely Christmas lights that lit up the streets. The trees around the Energy Solutions Arena were beautiful. I love it when the trees are outlined in lights…it’s my favorite! I can’t wait when we venture down there again to take our annual stroll through Temple Square and see the beautiful arrangements of lights around the temple. What a wonderful time of year! Now I just need some snow and it will be complete…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww how cute! The holidays make me so excited. Gordon did an awesome job with the lights.

Anyway, I am so glad you invited us! That will be so much fun. What would you like us to bring? I make an awesome veggie dip....

Michelle said...

I love Christmas time and driving around and seeing all the lights and Christmas decor, it's such a happy time! Your lights look great! And I love the picture of you and Gordon, so cute!