Thursday, March 3, 2011

my safety net. gone.


this past weekend i had lunch with my girlfriends from high school. i hadn't seen some of them for over a year. we spent a lot of time catching up talking about what's going on in our lives these days. half of the group have or are going to have kids this year. others are going to begin trying for a family this year. and then there's me. these girls were my safety net. none of them had kids. it was just us (and our husbands). but now they're taking the leap. a leap i'm more afraid to take than anything i could possibly think of. and yet i think about it all the time. more often than not. and i know it's coming. just not sure if i'm ready to take the leap quite yet.

although someone else thinks otherwise and has been sending me signs since october of last year.
no, it's not gordon.

2 comments:

Gary and Bree said...

Take the leap! Being a mom is wonderful!It was so good seein ya! I hope we can give you a baby shower one of these days!

Spencer and Rosie said...

I'm not one to usually comment...but this is a topic of which I became very familiar :) Leap when your ready. At that point it will seem more like a hop. And you will just know. Being a mom is awesome! And you will be incredible when it is that time for you :)