Tuesday, March 22, 2011

dessert pizza



gordon is involved in the scouts.  tonight they had an activity.  gordon signed up to bring the dessert for this activity.  he asked me probably a month ago if i would make root beer cupcakes for him.  i said i would. 

on sunday i was waiting for all the youth in my sunday school class to arrive.  it was just me and one of the youth in our ward named ben.  ben is a ninth grader.  is a kind of a shy kid.  and very sweet.  i have told gordon often how much i like ben.  i think he's a cute kid.  we got to talking about this activity they had planned and how gordon was bringing the dessert.  i told him gordon signed up to bring the dessert and had asked me to make cupcakes.  as i said this ben perked up a bit.  then offered to help me come up with some more "creative ideas" for a dessert.  said he made up recipe for dessert pizza.  and everyone that tries it loves it.  i was a little surprised.  first, this was the longest conversation we had had.  second, that he loved to bake.  and third, that he had just offered to give me suggestions on what i should bring.  i told him the dessert pizza sounded like a good idea.  he then shocked me when he offered to come over after church and help me make it.  i could not pass him up on such a sweet offer.  he even offered to bring all the ingredients (which wasn't necessary, but how cute is that).  so on sunday afternoon, ben and i baked his famous dessert pizza.  i just can't get over how adorable it was that he offered to help me bake up something more creative.  although when he found out i was going to make root beer cupcakes he said "you can still make those too.  i'm sure no one will mind if we have two desserts."  see, what a cute kid.

No comments: