Wednesday, March 23, 2011

cat killer, or at least she thinks she is.


oh my sweet little abbi.  you make me not want to have kids.  especially when you find the smallest holes to sneak out of our backyard to go attacked homeless cats that live in the thorny bushes behind our fence.  you make me worried when i come outside to see why briggs is barking only to find you no where in sight, only i can hear you barking.  you make me angry when i stand outside the bushes for a half hour calling your name, telling you i'll give you treats, we'll go to grandma's, go on a walk, anything to get you out of the bushes, but nothing works.  i could hear the homeless cat hiss at you, and you cry.  i had to hold it all together because gordon was gone snowboarding and i was left alone to get you out safe and sound.  and the only reason you came out was because the cat decided to hop the fence and you came following after it.  you seemed relieved to see me and came right to me when you saw me.  like you were wiped out and a bit scared.  you made me cry as we walked home, you in my arms, because i was so scared you were going to get hurt and so mad that you didn't listen to me.  please don't do that again.

love, mom

No comments: