Monday, February 16, 2009

Putting Wal-mart Out Of Business One Coupon At A Time!

I consider myself a bargain shopper. I rarely buy anything unless it is on sale. So when my mother-in-law invited me to go to an activity her Relief Society was putting on about how to use coupons I couldn’t pass. I have heard about these classes and how people that incorporate what’s taught pay $1.00 for groceries that should have cost them $200+. Although skeptical, I went in with an open mind and willingness to at least try it.

During the class the gal that taught it had receipts that showed her paying under $5 for items that totaled much, much more than that. She also had a table full of items she had just purchased that week which included items she received for free or was getting money back for buying. You would think that would have been the selling point, HOWEVER for me it was a comment made by someone who has done the coupon thing faithfully. She said “I don’t even shop at Wal-mart anymore! I get better deals by using my coupons. They make Wal-mart’s prices look expensive!” I HATE Wal-mart! I do not shop there. I will do everything I can to stay away from that store and get others to do the same. In college I even did a report on how evil Wal-mart is. I suppose I know too much to shop there.

I've began to share the coupon concept with others. Wal-mart shopper or not, saving money is a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

Bonnie and Joel said...

I really want to learn about that. I had a friend work at Walmart and she said people came in and had a bill of over 200 dollars and they basically paid nothing for it.

Haley Henderson said...

I have heard of this to. I would love to get the details!

Anonymous said...

Okay fill me in. I am a cheapo ,