Sunday, February 22, 2009

We Missed You!




A "Hillbilly Weekend" is all I have heard about for the past few weeks. Gordon's best friend lives in St. George. He has been wanting to take a weekend to go visit him for quite some time so when his friend Rick called and wanted to plan a trip down to see him he was ecstatic!

Gordon is far from a hillbilly (or at least I hope he is). However, some of his hobbies are not. He loves to go wheelin' in Toys (and by Toys I mean Toyotas). He also just bought his first gun which goes great with his concealed weapons permit he got awhile back. This weekend was full of both of those hobbies...wheelin' and shootin'.

Whenever I talked to him this weekend his voice was full of excitement. He needed some time to enjoy life. He's been so busy with working two jobs, home improvements, and taking care of me and dogs that he needed some time for himself.

I did miss him terribly. I always do when he leaves. I also always seem to keep myself very busy while he's gone too. I started on a very big project this weekend...painting my house! Lucky for me I have a great mom and sister that pitched in some time to help! I'm pretty sure I would still be painting my living room right now without them. I still have A LOT left to do, but what I have done I love! It's amazing what a little color can do to a white house.

In between the mix of my project I was able to go to dinner a couple of times with my family to celebrate the big birthday that was coming up. Skyler had not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 birthday celebrations in his honor. What a spoiled turd. My favorite celebration was Friday night with dinner at Prairie Schooner. Only my parents had been there so we were all excited to pretend we were pioneers and eat in a covered wagon. The food was stupendous! The birthday boy got to order whatever he wanted so he got steak and lobster. Did I say he was spoiled?! He never fails to order the most expensive thing on the menu.


Along with home improvements and parties, I did something I never thought I would do. I stayed at my house alone! Whenever Gordon has been gone in the past I have either stayed at my mom's or had someone stay with me. Maybe it's because our apartment was in the ghetto, but I wasn't scared to stay by myself this time. I had the dogs for protection (haha) and a movie to cry myself to sleep with (watching P.S. I love you was not a great idea...especially because I hadn't heard from Gordon to tell me if he had made there safely, but in the middle of the movie he called). I can't give myself too much credit though. Last night I stayed at my mom's but only because we watched a movie and it was really late when it was over (and a little bit because I didn't want to go home to a dark house). I still impressed myself and Gordon.

Well Gordon, I'm glad you are on your way home right now. We missed you very much...especially Briggs. He has been moping around all weekend. He stares out the windows in anticipation that any car or person that is outside is you. I caught him laying on your shorts staring out the window. I don't know who will be more excited to see you, him or me! Let's say me...I love you!

2 comments:

Kandyce said...

I love PS I love you! Such a great movie. I'm glad Gordon had a chance to enjoy himself this weekend, but sad you were home without the hubs all weekend. Sounds like you got a lot of work done though. And you and your sister look almost identical in that pic of you and your fam. Happy Sunday!!

Michelle said...

I've never even been away from Justin for one night. I bet it was hard but it sounds like you both had fun weekends! :) I always love your posts, you're funny. Your dogs are so cute!