Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thirteen Candles


It finally happened...Skyler turned '13' today. It's a day that his mom, my mom, and I have dreaded since he was born. It's all starting...the girls, the coolness of only your friends not your family, caring what you look like, and physical changes...we have all been there (maybe not all of us were girl crazy, but I sure was boy crazy). Becoming a teenager is one of life's most exciting times, or at least that's what you think when you become one.


I'm excited for all the experiences and opportunities ahead of Skyler. I'm also very nervous for them too. He continues to be a gentleman. He also continues to become more handsome. That's what makes me nervous. The girls loves him. And he loves the girls. Scary!

He has great friends. We all know that friends make or break you. He's been very fortunate to have chosen to make friends with boys that are good boys. They include him in a lot of activities that otherwise he would not be able to participate in such as mutual every Wednesday night, and boyscout camp outs. They all seem to have the same standards. That's very important.

So as I tear up at the thought of what's to come I know that he will make correct decisions and become the young man he's suppose to be.

Happy Birthday to a strong spirited, smarty pants, football star, fun-loving THIRTEEN year old boy! I love you very much!

1 comment:

Kandyce said...

I felt the same way when my little brother turned 13...now he's turning 16 NEXT month!! Scary! But, my brother amazes me everyday with his spirit and determination to do well in life, and it sounds like your brother is going to continue to do the same. :)