Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm outstanding...well at least that's what my award says!

My nephew, Skyler, & Me

On April 1 I attended the 2008 WSU Swenson Awards Banquet. I was awarded with an Outstanding Nutrition Minor award. I was so excited when I received a letter in the mail a week prior to the awards ceremony saying that the faculty of the nutrition department had chosen me to receive that award! I just kept thinking about my professors that I admire and look up to chose me out of all the other nutrition minors to have this award. It means a lot to be recognized by your university but to me it means more to have that recognition come from my professors. They have seen me in action, and know how much effort I have put into my nutrition courses, and I am just so blessed to have received that award! It also gives me that extra push to go on to grad school to do what I love...nutrition.
The awards banquet was a bit long, but I really enjoyed myself. I felt bad for my family that came that had to sit through all 3 hours of the banquet, but I was just happy to have them there for support. Especially Gordon. He encourages me to go that extra mile, even when I don't think I can do it. He is my rock. He should have received an award for putting up with me my entire school career! I am very dramatic and like to blow things way out of portion, and he is always right there to calm me down and give me words of affirmation to do my best. I love him so much!

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

congratulations, I was glad I could come. Love LeeAnn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katherine purser said...

WooHoo! Way to go girl! You deserve it! That is awesome! I'm linking you to my blog in .2 seconds!:)