Monday, April 7, 2008

Bringing the spirit with music!

I love conference weekend, not only for the fact that I do not have to go to church and I get watch conference from the comfort of my own home in my pj's, but because I love to hear our prophet and apostles give us, as members, counsel and guidance. This conference weekend was especially exciting because our ward was given the opportunity to sing at conference! Yep, we were on TV...ok not exactly but we did sing at conference, just outside in the freezing cold! We sang on the streets in front of the conference center trying to keep the spirit on the grounds, distracting those away from the protesters and towards our beautiful voices as we sang hymns. It was a wonderful experience that we were able to share with our good friends Marc and Katherine. From the moment we started to sing, the spirit hit us all so strong! We felt it the entire time we sang, and sometimes I didn't even think about the cold. We sang for about 2 hours. Most people can just request conference tickets, but we worked for ours, but the hard work paid off.

Gordon and I singing


Marc singing (posing really) & Gordon trying not to look at me taking the picture! Thanks honey!



Although we didn't have the best seats in the house, we were still able to be in the same room as our prophet, President Thomas Monson, and his apostles. We felt the spirit all day long, and were drained by the time we arrived home. Gordon had a particularly long spiritual day because he went from one meeting to the next (priesthood session). I love being able to discuss with him what was said in priesthood session. I am so blessed to have a husband that honors his priesthood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katherine purser said...

Nice pics! I love it! That was such an awesome experience! You guys are the best:)

kbhardcastle said...

Jessica you need to change your settings so that people have to use the word verification to leave a comment. It will get rid of the crap like grogal over there. Do not click on his links! Oh and good job singing guys! Jodi

LeeAnn said...

I hope you've warmed up. It was fun having everyone over for sunday. Love ya