Thursday, June 17, 2010

birthdays are kind of a big deal around here

At least they are to me. June is my birthday month. And from the moment we enter June all I can talk about is my birthday and what we’re going to do to celebrate. I love our family’s traditions of birthday dinner. We get to choose what we want to have for dinner, and of course what we want for dessert. My family held my birthday dinner a couple of weeks early this year. And I was completely fine with that. Remember, June is my birthday month…I celebrate all month long.
 
The menu for this year’s birthday dinner: Chicken shish kabobs (with pineapple…oh how I love grilled pineapple), sticky brown rice, fresh green beans, and rolls. And dessert…homemade Oreo ice-cream. It just might be my family’s new favorite homemade ice-cream flavor. And homemade chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting. Cupcakes are just about my favorite thing ever.
 Thanks Mom and Tim for another fabulous birthday dinner.

No comments: