Tuesday, April 24, 2012

sister time: rummage sale at the community gardens


my sister is seven years older than me.  when i was little i wanted nothing more than to be like her.  i wanted to look like her, dress like her, have my hair the same as hers.  all the things little sisters do to copy their big sisters i did.  we were never really close growing up.  don't get me wrong, we loved each other and were close in a way that you can be when your that different in age.  but now...my sister is one of my best friends.  we talk practically every day.  and hang out at least once a week.

on saturday we got a taste of what summer will bring:  hot days and rummage sales!  we spent the afternoon at a local community garden checking out all the good rummage they had for sale (which wasn't much...we should have went earlier!).  all the proceeds from that day went to the tears foundation so we wanted to donate somehow to the cause.  so we got sister tattoos.  henna tattoos.  they are long-lasting yet temporary.  and, in my opinion, very pretty.





now days my sister and i don't mind having something that's the same.  i'm no the longer the pesky little sister (at least i don't think i am...) so it's okay to do and have the same things.  it's fun.  and it's done all in the name of sisterhood!

No comments: