Friday, July 8, 2011

i hope i feel more like this more often

i have struggled with this new service calling i have been given. i do not always want to be who they want me to be. i do not always want the great responsibility that has been given to me. i do not always want to serve others. and i do not always want to have my days full of everyone else's problems.

but yesterday was wonderful. i wanted to be the person i should be. i wanted to have the responsibility that i have been given. i wanted to serve others. and i didn't care that i was listening to someone else’s problems. i wanted to. i wanted to help. i wanted to be a friend. i wanted to learn more about them to help them.

i hope i have more days like yesterday. and that i remember days like that so when i have the attitude that "i hate this", "this isn't for me" and "i'm quitting" i can remember the way i felt yesterday and know what i am doing is right. and that i like it.

1 comment:

Gary and Bree said...

Jess, I have been reading your blog and it sounds like you have been given a huge calling! I wish you the best of luck. My stepmom was relief society prez. Big callings make great people and when you look back on this you'll know why you recieved it! Good luck i believe in you!!