Monday, June 20, 2011

my father's day weekend

kicked off with dinner with my mom and step-dad on friday night.  when gordon is gone i usually crash their dates nights.  hope they don't mind me being the third wheel a lot this summer.


then on saturday it was off to the swap meet, where my sister and i scored our first 'the doors' albums!  we have a few people looking out for us now at the swap meet.  i have a feeling we're going to continue to receive gold from our 'ins' at the swap meet.

then my friends from work, teresa and megan, ventured up to ogden to have tea at high noon with my sister and me.  it was all in the name of my birthday (which is this saturday).




after that gordon was home (hur-ray!) and we went to my mom's to celebrate father's day with my step-dad and his kids.  i'm pretty sure our gift was probably his favorite (like usual).  we found some beatles records on our first swap meet trip that we knew he would love to have for his collection.  he was over the moon about them and couldn't wait to listen to them.



on sunday we celebrated father's day with our dads.  my dad had us over for a bbq.  he's the grill master so dinner was fantastic, like it always is when he's grilling.  we then headed over to visit with gordon's dad and family.  while we were there we also celebrated my birthday.  so kind of kim to share his day with me.



i have been thinking a lot about the father figures in my life.  all of them are so different, but are so special to me.  i am very blessed to have 3 outstanding men i call dad.  i love each of them very much.

No comments: