Monday, May 3, 2010

it was different.

There were more old than young, but that’s to be expected when you live in an older neighborhood I think. We were the youngest people in Relief Society, Priesthood, and Sunday School. Some of the first things Gordon heard when he walked into Priesthood were there wasn’t enough handicap parking and bifocals needed to be covered by insurance. And I can’t believe we were both thinking this, but we’re looking forward to having callings. Hoping to either be in Young Women/Men or Primary. Yes, Primary.

We were welcomed with open arms. Told they had been waiting for a couple of years for us to come to the ward. Told we were needed and wanted.

Everything was different. From the people we interacted with, to the way the lessons were taught, to how sacrament was conducted (oh how I missed our old bishopric).

There were a few things that didn’t change. We felt the Spirit. We felt the love of our Heavenly Father and Savior. Our testimonies were strengthened. And Gordon tried to fake me out by turning to the wrong hymn to sing in sacrament. He also used his finger to keep me on track to where we were in the song, putting emphasis where it was needed on certain notes. He can always make me smile.

I am grateful that we get to experience this together. It would have been a lot harder for me to do alone. It was comforting to know I would have someone to sit with in most of my meetings. And ask questions and get help remembering people’s names.

It was different. But different isn’t bad.

kind of felt like a fish out of water...and isn't this fish insanely huge?!

3 comments:

Bing Math said...

Primary is always good!

Lindsey Rose said...

They will LOVE having you two! Love ya!

Michelle said...

You are so cute! We miss our ward and of course our home wards will be a lot different but like you said where ever we go to church we can feel the spirit and at least we don't have to make the change alone :)! I'm so glad we have blogs so we can keep in touch that way! Hope to see you guys at the ward bbq tomorrow!!