Monday, July 20, 2009

Look Who Came To Visit


Bryan, Misha, me, Gordon

I love it when old friends come into town.

I met Misha Hanewickel when I was working at a medical clinic. She had just moved here from Fallbrook, California and landed a job as a receptionist at the clinic. I never would have thought we would be as good of friends as we are today. She has moved back since our days at the clinic, but we still keep in great contact. I’ve been out to visit her and she’s been up to visit me many times. Her family is growing so much and it’s so fun to be Auntie Jess to her little girl (and soon to be little boy).

While they were here a few weeks ago we took them up to one of our favorite restaurants The Oaks which is just up the canyon by our house (I don’t know why it’s one of our favorite, we always have crappy service, but the food is so dang good). We sat by the river and they just thought it was the coolest thing ever. They had never gone there when they were living her so it was fun to take them somewhere new. We caught up on life and enjoyed each others’ company. We hope to go visit once she has her little man later on this summer…Gordon hasn’t been there yet and they live in such a beautiful area of California that I know he would just love it.

I love it when old friends come into town….I hate it when they have to leave.

No comments: