Friday, April 17, 2009

Feels Like Home









With a lot of help from my creative mom, serving sister, and perfectionist husband our upstairs living areas are painted! It took only a few weeks, not working everyday on the paint project, to finish. Three Saturdays, one very long night (never paint on a weekday night after 6pm unless you are ready to stay up way past your bedtime), and some afternoons where Gordon gave up 2nd work (sorry Justin) to paint and we are finished. I love the colors we chose. I also love not living in an all white walled house! Even Gordon was surprised how the two-toned walls, and added colored walls made the inside of our house look totally different, and much warmer. The basement still needs a paint job but that will have to wait for some rainy spring and summer days. Now that it’s nice outside I’ve got a green thumb.



Adding a little color with a little tree and sage green pot
I can't wait to have pots and flowers growing right outside our window


Our yard will take much more work and time than the inside of our house. Gordon has worked much harder and spent much more time on the yard than I have. He was sick all last week but because of his hard work ethic he couldn’t just relax when he was home from work, he had to trim back bushes and finish fencing off our yard. He even found some extra time to hang up a cute wire basket I bought to put under our bedroom window (I LOVE THIS by the way—I can’t wait to plant pots and put them inside it). I even attempted to help him with one of the yard projects, but I quickly found out I don’t love to weed. So I’ll be the flower bed maintenance worker. And he’s ok with that.

We still love owning our own home. The little projects that seem never ending are fun to do (but I’m sure we will get sick of them someday). Slowing but surely our house is feeling like our home.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love the cute colors your painted your house! Looks awesome!