Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Fiesta

I don’t cook. I can honestly say that weeks can go by and my oven will not have been turned on. However, I can cook. I cooked a very yummy dinner for my in-law family when we first moved into our house. I’ve also had my dad over for dinner. And now I can add some friends to my dinner list. For Easter we decided to have some of our best friends over for some homemade, authentic Mexican food. I cooked almost everything from scratch (not the corn tortillas, that was more work than I wanted to get into). Main course: Green salsa chicken enchiladas topped with Mexican cheese. Sides included: red salsa, refried black beans, and Spanish rice. I can say this because I was told by everyone that ate, that it was delicious! Marc even said that now he believes me that I'm Mexican and not Asian.
After dinner we got into the Easter spirit and dyed some Easter eggs. Dying the eggs wouldn't have been as fun if Shelli didn't bring her cute little nephews over. They were amazed at all the colors we could make the eggs, and all the decorations you could put on your egg before and after they were dyed. We colored on them with crayons, we made different kind of sports balls out of them, and glued sand designs on them. Pretty sweet!
After dying three dozen eggs we worked up an appetite and had some delicious and adorable bunny cake for dessert. Katherine is so creative isn't she?
I know I've said this before, but I am so grateful we have such amazing friends. We've had a lot of great times with them and we plan on having many more.

No comments: