Wednesday, July 16, 2014

something more important than my travel adventures...

I'm pretty good at posting all the places we go. I can recap our adventures with some words and photos and you get a pretty good idea of what we did and the fun we had. I love our adventures. But there's something more precious and important to me than all the places I go and that is the gospel of Jesus Christ and being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Over the past three years my testimony has grown exponentially.  I can say with all my heart and soul that I know that this church is true.  I know that my Heavenly Father is aware of me at every moment in my life.  I know he is aware of everyone and that he loves everyone.  Oh how I know that through and through.  When I met someone for the first time I could feel the love He has for them.  It's undeniable. 

I know that He listens and answers my prayers.  He has answered my prayers through people, scriptures, conference talks, temple attendance...and through the Holy Ghost whispering to me exactly what I need when I needed it most.

I know that there is a strength that can only be found by scripture study. And that if you ask for help to understand them it will come.

I know that through the power of the Holy Ghost you can do anything.  I was given the courage to do something I wouldn't normally have done.  I said things I didn't even know I knew.  

I realized that this gospel is the only thing that gives me true happiness. 

I know that it is because of this gospel and the priesthood that I have an eternal marriage and an eternal family. 

I also know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real.  It not only allows me to repent, but it also fills me with joy, hope, faith, love, and charity.

I know that this church is lead by a true prophet who speaks to God and God speaks to him.  He will never lead us astray.  Never.

I don't think I could have ever said any of these things with a surety if it wasn't for my service to Him these past three years.  And as badly as I was ready to be released, when it happened, my heart broke a little.  I know I was overwhelming blessed these past three years, beyond what I can even comprehend.  I know that my service has rooted my testimony to conversion.  I know that I can do hard things and make it through the thickest of times with the Lord by my side.  And I am little scared that all of that will go away now that my stewardship of service will change.  But I know that's not true.  As long as I continue to stay as strong as I am now the blessings that are mine will come to me.  He will never leave me.


A little secret: in my little mind I kept thinking once I am released from being a relief society president my big reward will be a baby...I know that Lord doesn't really work that way but I sorta which He did.  But I've also learned that I am really happy with the little family that I have right now, even if my kids are furry and four legged.



1 comment:

Bing Math said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have had several testimony building experiences lately and was thinking about blogging them. Now I might. I have a lot of respect for you doing that calling. I'm sure you'll move on to something else that you'll learn to love, too.