Monday, February 20, 2012

new year's healing cleanse






last month my girlfriends and i got together for an evening of energy healing (and food). my friend's mom is a licensed massage therapist with an emphasis in energy healing. being it was the new year and all, and my friend's personal recommendation, we all jumped at the opportunity to do this.

i must admit, i was skeptical at first. don't get me wrong, i believe that each of us possesses our own energy, but what i skeptical about was that someone could sense certain things about my life (both past and present) and heal my energy force. i'm not a skeptic anymore.

my friend's mom believes, belongs, and practices the same religion as i do. i felt 100% comfortable with her and knew she wasn't going to perform some type of voodoo on me. it was just the two of us. i sat in a comfy chair, she sat on a stool in front of me. she explained to me what our energy is made out of. different chakras. different colors. she read my aura (blue with red specks). now this is where it may seem a little voodoo-ish but i promise you it wasn't. i felt nothing but calmness and peace this entire process. i held my palm out and she dangled a small crystal above it. she asked me about different relationships with my immediate family, including grandparents. if there was bad energy when i said the person's name, she could feel it and "heal" the broken energy around them. there was not bad energy around anyone in my family. there was some different energy around my mom and sister, and as she told me that she said that i was aware of this and knew what i needed to do to help this energy repair itself, which i did. we then went through each of my energy chakras. some of my shakras were strong. others needed to be cleansed. before she would cleanse my chakra we would discuss what the chakra meant and possibly why it needed healing. she never once told my fortune or tried to tell me what was wrong. she would say words that related to the chakra, a word or phrase would stand out to me, then she would choose a positive affirmation to say as she glided her hands around my upper body, tapping my chest gently and softly saying certain phrases to cleanse me. every time she did this i felt lighter.

there were times she could stop in the middle of this process because something would come into her head that she felt like i needed to hear. she said so many things that were meant just for me, it was unbelievable. some of these things included:
trust (in a higher being and in myself)
good faith
if i would let 'things' in, 'things' would happen as they should
(the 'things' are personal...i knew exactly what they were when she mentioned this to me)
that i have a work to do so i need to be patient and the said 'things' will come
delegate
make time for you (and she specifically mentioned yoga...she didn't even know i was a yogi!)
find a way to be creative and use my talents when said 'things' come into my life
visualize my dreams...your thoughts are your reality
powerful
leader
i share my energy and light with others
this experience was one that i will never forget. everything she said to me that night was meant just for me, at the specific time. i walked out of there that night feeling refreshed and like a weight had been lifted from my chest. i could breath easier (strange, i know). it was beautiful.
i loved sharing this experience with my close friends. each of our experiences were so different from each other, yet each of them were meant just for us. i know it sounds a little crazy, but my experience was real and necessary. what a great way to start out the new year.

2 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

Jessica! You probably don't even remember me, but I am Kara Simmons from Weber State, health promotion program! I still take peeks at your blog! :)
Anywho, I loved hearing about this experience! Does your friend's mom work somewhere or just does this from her home? I am very interested on having a session with her. Could I have her information? That would be so great if you could email it to me!
Your husband, your dogs, and your style of clothing are all adorable! Hope your degree is treating you well from Weber. I have yet to use mine still. :)
Please email me the information if you can at:
karasimmons20@gmail.com
and if you can't remember who I am here is my website!:
www.karasimmons.com
Thanks!

Gary and Bree said...

Love this post! Good times!