Wednesday, March 6, 2013

in the navy



my brother in law has a list of life goals he wants to accomplish.  i love that he shared this list with my sister in law (i think while they were dating) and as long, crazy, and time consuming as i'm sure many of the items on this list were, she told him she would support and help him achieve all of them.

something he can soon check off that list of his: serving his country.  currently, he has been deployed with the united states navy.  he will be in afghanistan for eight months.  EIGHT MONTHS!  did i mention him and my sister in law have 3 kids ages 4 and under?  my sister in law is an amazing woman.  she is strong.  she has "geared" herself up for this.  she has had practice at being a "single mom" (my brother in law travels a lot for work).  that does not mean that being without her husband for eight months will be easy.  but i know she will do it well.  and she will have our love and support (and help!) the entire time.

No comments: