Friday, July 20, 2012

our story



photo by my talented friend, kara simmons

2 months before gordon and i got married i found out that i would not be able to bare children of my own.  knowing this might be the case my whole life, i took this news much better than i thought i would (no matter how healthy i am, i still only have one lung and that would create a high pregnancy risk with outcomes that were far from ideal...either me or my future baby or both us would not live).  don't get me wrong, it was very difficult news to hear, especially while hearing it for the first time in a room with my future husband.  i will never forget the look on gordon's face when i told him i would understand if he didn't want to marry me anymore.  without hesitation, he said that he loved me and that never even crossed his mind.  he knew we would have a family together someday.  and we both decided we would adopt.

fast forward three years later in the salt lake city temple.  we were waiting to attend a session with his cousin taking out his endowments in preparation for his mission.  in the waiting room, through the doors, i saw two temple workers holding two children dressed in white.  about to be sealed for time and all eternity to their parents.  my heart swelled.  i began to cry.  i felt a nudge to begin preparation to start my family.  i told gordon about it.  he said he had been having these same feelings too.

we continued on.  these feelings continued to come.  and they continued to get stronger.

and so we made the call to an adoption agency january of this year.  and after a meeting with our case-worker the end of february, fillings out lots papers, attending adoption education classes, and a home-study, we have been approved and are now in the stage of finding our baby!

p.s. we'd love for you to help us find our baby...
so spread the great news that we're adopting!
if you would like, please add our button to your blog (on the right)
if you have any questions on how to do this please feel free to email me:
jesshardcastle (at) gmail (dot) com

p.p.s. sorry for any confusion or extra excitement caused from my previous post.
and thanks for all your sweet comments, texts, etc!

3 comments:

Gary and Bree said...

This is so amazing!! I am so happy for you two. You are going to make one amazing Mom. Lots of love, Bree

Rich'n'Rach said...

congrats, jess! you two will be fabulous parents :)

ALLY said...

I can't wait for you to me a mama! You and Gordan will both be amazing parents,and I'm pretty sure your baby will have one of the most exciting fun lifes ever! I'm so happy for you two!