Wednesday, September 22, 2010

blah


I like to think of myself as a pretty positive, upbeat person. People tell me I’m always smiling, always happy, nice to be around. (and to this Gordon says “are you talking about my wife?”…sadly he doesn’t always get the best of me). But for the past couple of weeks I’ve just been feeling like blah. Not sad. Not blue. Just blah. And there wasn’t really any reason for me to be feeling this way. And really it’s out of the ordinary.

And then the weekend came.

Saturday we went to the temple (on Gordon’s grandma Peterson’s birthday…very sweet). His cousin took out his endowments in preparation for his mission. We went to the Salt Lake Temple with him. I had never done a session there before. They are different. Live. I felt a reaffirmation of the truths I know about the gospel. And why I’m here. And what an amazing eternal family I have. And an eternal companion that I too often take for granted. And how I am loved.

And then Sunday came. I’m not a huge fan of Sundays (I’ve had a bit of a bad attitude towards our new ward, making it that much harder for me to want to go – we do go, we’re not inactive or anything). I sat in Relief Society and had an amazing lesson on faith in Jesus Christ. And in Sunday school I actually understood what the teacher was teaching and enjoyed learning about the Old Testament. And sacrament meeting…wow. It was fantastic. A brother spoke about his conversion from the Islam religion to Mormonism. He was inspiring. And helped me realize what an amazing church I belong to. The freedoms we enjoy. The blessing we get to have. I was uplifted, to say the least.

It always amazes me that when I go through these blah moments in life that things like this always happen. Helps me get back to my normal self. With a strengthened testimony and zest for life. I love this gospel. And I’m so happy it’s such a huge part of my life.