Wednesday, August 18, 2010

just breath

I'm the race director over my work's 5K.  The race is this Saturday.  And it's causing me to be extremely busy at work.  And to be stressed out to the max.  And to have anxiety.  Because our machine timer is broke.  And we have almost 300 people that have pre-registered (which is double the total attendance from last year).  And we had race software issues that took a lot longer than it should have to fix.  And we're trying to figure out a new way to time the race.  I have 2 days left to do this.  On top of all the other scheduled items I have planned in preparation for day of the race.  There are times I feel like I'm forgetting to breath.

And then came tonight's yoga.  Yin yoga.  Where you hold the poses for 3-5 minutes (working our way up to 10 minutes...yes 10 minutes).  And you breath.  And monitor your breathe.  And how you are feeling.  And I was breathing again.  My body feels renewed.

Yoga, you continue to amaze me.  I will never stop practicing.  My body couldn't function.

my yoga partners.  boy, i have the best sister-in-laws ever!

No comments: