Monday, July 16, 2012

over the weekend
















































we started the weekend off by seeing one of the sweetest movies i have seen in a very long time, Moonrise Kingdom, followed by dinner at one of our favorite thai restaurants, eastside diner

that next morning was ogden's farmers market. oh, how i anticipate farmers market season every year! my sister joined me. the two of us always have a great time. so many new vendors, and our favorites are back as well (limeades...the best part of the farmers market).

while i was enjoying the farmers market, my talented husband was using his self-taught mechanic skills to change out the brakes on my car (he's amazing...i've said that before right). he then had some fun of his own and went kayaking with his brother.

feeling adventurous, i cooked a new vegetable (obtained at the farmers market) as a side for dinner that night. swiss chard. cooked in butter with onions and garlic. not bad. we'll eat it again (its health benefits are incredible!)

i was in the cooking mood and also made copy-cat levain bakery peanut butter dark chocolate cookies. they were good. and hit my cookie craving spot. but i realized that no common person can recreate the real levain cookies.

later that night, while gordon was putting the finished touches on his church talk, i watched a movie on my new ipad (that husband of mine spoils me rotten).

i was so excited for church sunday. i love listening to gordon speak. he's a natural. i have to have everything written out. he has bullet points to help him stay on track. his talks are always great. he's such a great example to me.

gordon's family had a belated birthday celebration for me. they are so good to me...i love them so much! mel made me a fancy angel food cake. the little man helped me blow out my candles (best birthday cake candle blower outer helper ever!). we had a great sunday evening hanging out with gordon's family. those little ones make sundays that much better.

hope you all had a great weekend too!


No comments: