Tuesday, December 7, 2010

making light of the situation

gordon's parents live about 3 blocks away from the plane crash that happened sunday night.  we had just started playing a game when the power went out and the sky outside lit up in blue and green.  i immediately held on to gordon, who was sitting next to me (i would have grabbed on to anyone sitting next me...lucky for me it was gordon).  i thought "this is the end of the world" (yes, i'm dramatic.  i know). 

this whole situation made me decide that i want to be with these people when and if a disaster situation ever happens to me.  they made light of the situation with humor.  i love to laugh.  and it made me less nervous and sick about what had happened.

my favorite sayings of the evening:

gordon: i'm not going out there.  zombies.  (zombies are the main reason he wants a certain shot gun called "just in case"...i swear he's not a gun man)

trevor: i want to go check it out.  this is like the war of the worlds!

side note: i think we watch entirely too many movies. and mistake them for reality.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You must have missed the best quote of the night...

Mom: "Trevor am I invited to the delivery when Jodi has a baby?"

Trevor: "Yes, you are invited to call me when it is over. I am going to be golfing!"