Monday, April 26, 2010

it couldn't last forever

But I really wanted to make this decision on my own. Instead I’m being forced (okay, not really, but it sure feels like it).

Yesterday my stake had a special sacrament meeting for all the student married wards. Knowing about this meeting for the past few weeks had caused a lot of us to speculate. Our speculations were right.

We were asked to go to our home/residential wards. These wards are lacking members and they need us there to strengthen them.

I knew this time would come…that we would need to take this step and begin going to our residential ward. I just thought it would be when we had a kid. And we made the choice.

Technically we are making the choice (oh the joys of free agency). And because we know our church is true, and we felt the Sprit so strongly in the meeting that this was the right thing for us to do, we are doing it.

And with that I am praying for faith and courage.

I can’t describe the feeling of loss I have leaving my ward. I know we went to this ward for a reason. My testimony has never been stronger. It has been strengthened by each member of my ward. I love each of them so much. I never thought in a million years I would have such a connection like this. They are my family. I will miss interacting with them each Sunday. Learning from them. Being uplifted by them. Following their examples. I have been blessed beyond measure by this ward.

To be honest, I’m dreading this next Sunday. I’m nervous. Afraid of getting a calling that very first day. In the Primary.

So yes, I’m praying for faith and courage.

And an attitude change.
I have had some hard feelings toward my home ward.
They have been a bit pushy.
If you push me, I push back.
They asked us to host a ward function. When we weren’t in the ward.
They also told us they had callings for us. When we weren’t in the ward.
It’s almost like they treated us like we were inactive.
Nope, we’re very active in the very same church you are.
So maybe those hard feelings are still there…
Oh, this is going to be so hard for me!

6 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Good luck, you will make the new ward stronger, but it is hard to leave friends.

Lindsey Rose said...

You will be a huge asset to a family ward, I hope it goes well! We love you guys!

becky rigby said...

Jessica, I think it might be easier if we just don't talk about it.... I hate long goodbyes. =( It's so hard to go to our home wards because we were in Zion and now we have to go back to normal or "real" wards as Elder Evans kept referring to them. I am so grateful we met and became BFF's. Promise me the "Ward" Campout is still on. I miss you already.

Michelle said...

I'll miss seeing your cute face every Sunday (and all your cute outfits too :) )! I'm so glad we were abe to get to know you and Gordon and really hope we can keep in touch for many years to come! Good luck in your new ward! You will be an amazing addition to any ward. Just remember that the church is true wherever we have to go :). Love you guys! Stay strong and keep in touch!!

Georgi Family said...

Jess....you are sooo wrong. You wont be called into the primary your first sunday....you will be called into nursery silly. LOL! I know this is hard for you, but your testimony will be such an asset to the ward. And maybe you can "let them know" of how you are sad about having to leave your "married ward" etc. So they know you were going to church. LOL. Hang in there. You will see the reason for this one day.

Spencer and Rosie said...

Jess! I love that you are brave enough to share your feelings like that...and I couldn't agree with you more. But you will be great in your new ward...they will love you (I mean how couldn't they?) And take solace in the fact that I am super nervous, scared and all that too... :)