Friday, June 27, 2008

Doggie Friday: They grow on ya

While Gordon and I were camping, Abbi and Briggs had a vacation too, although they might not have thought of it that way. They stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Hardcastle (Gordon's parents). Aunt Jodi was who agreed to take care of them for us while we were camping; It's easy to volunteer when it's not your house they will be staying in. At first it was rough for them. I'm sure they felt like they were being abandoned or passed around. LeeAnn said they whined at the front door for a few hours, but then slowly started to warm up to their family. When we got home, it was like they had always lived there. They were very comfortable. Jodi said they pretty much ran the house, which is what they do. They did not like it if they were confined to one area; they need their freedom.

Gordon's family did not want them to leave (however, Jodi and LeeAnn both said that the novelty would wear off). The most surprising to me was Gordon's dad who's first words to me were "Hi Jessica...You can't take 'em." I told them that they could watch them anytime we needed them too. Their home is now their vacation home.

I think it broke Jodi's heart a bit that they adjusted to our home so quickly (as in right as soon as they got back to their home). To me, that was a relief. They recognize our home as their home.

I missed them terribly, but it sure was nice to have a break and sleep through the night.

No comments: