Tuesday, April 1, 2008

From the beginning...

I've decided it would be a good idea to tell about our marriage and the experiences we have had in our first year of marriage. Of course it's only appropriate to start at day one: our wedding day. I always wanted to get married in May. There is no significant reason why. For me, it is the beginning of summer and fun, so it seemed like a perfect match for my wedding day. We chose to get married in the Salt Lake Temple. I specifically wanted to get married in that temple because that's the temple I have always wanted to get married in, from the time I was a little girl that is the placed I dreamed about getting married. It's because it looks like a castle, and I was always a little princess and that was my castle. My prince would take me there, and he did.

Our day was beautiful! It did rain when we came out of the temple to greet our family and friends, but I know that was my grandpa in heaven crying because he was so proud of me making the choice to get married in the temple. I know that sounds cheesy, but my grandpa and I were very close and I know he is with me all the time especially those special occasions that I experience in my life. The rain made for some great pictures. And it really cleared everyone off the temple grounds so it ended up to be our photographer, Gordon, and me at the temple.
That also made for some great pictures; no one is in the background! (Awesome side note: Elder David Bednar was at our wedding too! He happened to be there for another wedding, but we say he was there for ours)

Our temple experience was amazing! We were able to sit in the celestial room for about a 1/2 hour before we were sealed together. We got a glimpse of what eternity will be like while we sat together in that room and it felt so right! Before we began our sealing, our sealer sat and talked with us. That really helped him get to know us as a couple and prepare for our sealing. He prompted us to do many things to keep our marriage strong, and we have a list of those and make sure we do them. I am so grateful that Gordon and I made the decision to get married in the temple. We have been so blessed ever since.


Our reception went well too. So many people came to give their support to us. We were surprised! We didn't know we knew so many people, and technically we didn't but our parents did. My mom did such an amazing job decorating the garden area and tables. I couldn't have asked for more. Everything was perfect.

When Gordon and I arrived from the temple to our reception I started to cry because it turned out much better than I ever pictured it! And my cake was awesome! That was my favorite part of the wedding. And our treats too (rootbeer floats and raspberry sherbet floats). That evening was the longest evening of our lives, and Gordon will agree with me completely. As soon as 8 o'clock hit, he was like "Let's go!" So we did the whole cake cutting thing, and threw the bouquet and guarder and we were out of there. And off to Mexico we went...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Nice going on the blog. I'm glad the comment section is here... and I also noticed that your blog is no longer named 'poo'. Can't imagine who might have done that!

Anonymous said...

I loved your wedding cake too. I didn't get to eat any of it because we left before the cake cutting ceremony, but it was mighty fun to photograph.

Georgi Family said...

Jess I thought your wedding was the cuttest I have seen in a long time. Of course you have been like that ever since we were little. 8)